Your Dental Hygiene Visit Is More Than “just a cleaning”!
A healthy smile improves your quality of life. Regular dental cleanings, performed by a registered dental hygienist, are a crucial part of preventive dental care. By removing plaque and tartar, your oral health is enhanced and your risk of gingivitis and periodontal disease is reduced.
At Lakeshore Dental your Dental Cleanings consists of:
- Examining the health and function of the jaw joint, teeth and gums
- Documenting the position of your teeth and bite due to missing teeth
- Removing the soft and hard deposits from above and below the gumline
- Assessing the condition of existing fillings, crowns and bridges, etc.
- Intra oral pictures to help you visualize problem areas
- Assessing the condition of any restorations (dentures, crowns, etc.)
- Looking for the presence and stage of gum disease
- Looking for early signs of oral cancer
- Assessing for new decay
- Polishing your teeth
- Fluoride treatment (if necessary)
- Oral hygiene instruction
- Nutritional counselling
- Radiographs (if necessary)
- Blood pressure monitoring